Our shared dorms have a maximum of 4 beds per room. Some dorms have a private, en suite bathroom, others have a shared hallway bath.
We also have two types of private rooms:
Private rooms with shared bath have a Houston bed (double bed with a single bunk above).
Private rooms with private bath have either a queen bed or two twin beds.
All of our guest rooms are equipped with free, fast WiFi.
Guests can relax in our second-floor guest lounge, or in our media room with widescreen satellite TV/DVD and bean bag chairs.
We serve a free continental breakfast each morning, and you can cook up other meals in our self-serve kitchen, fully equipped with professional-grade stoves and ovens, microwaves, coffeemakers, pots and pans, dishes, utensils, and ample refrigerator/freezer space.
We offer free, fast WiFi in all of our guest rooms and common areas, plus we have internet terminals available for rent.
Activities and Tours
We know that travelers choose to stay in hostels not just to save money, but to meet other travelers! That's why we offer daily activities (walking tours, pub crawls, dinners, movies) where hostellers can mingle, explore the city, or get a local's advice. For more, see Hostel Activities.
We also partner with local tour operators to offer trips to Muir Woods, Wine Country, Yosemite, Monterey/Carmel, and more. See Day Trips.
“A budget traveler's dream in the land of pricey downtown hotels.”
--San Francisco Bay Guardian
We're a full-service hostel, providing:
- FREE continental breakfast
- FREE, fast WiFi
- FREE unlimited local phone calls
- FREE linens and towels
- FREE coffee and tea
- FREE/low-cost tours and activities
- Daily housekeeping service
- Coin operated laundry facilities
- On-site high-speed Internet facilities
- Vending machines with snacks and supplies
- 24-hour reception
- Secure lockers
- Luggage and bicycle storage
We're very centrally located, one block from Union Square, within easy walking distance to:
- Chinatown and SoMA
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art - CLOSED UNTIL 2016
- Yerba Buena Gardens and Center for the Arts
- Museum of the African Diaspora
- Museum of Craft and Folk Art
- Contemporary Jewish Museum
- Cable cars to North Beach and Fisherman's Wharf
- Flagship department stores and stylish boutiques
- Night clubs and bars
- 24-hour restaurants
We're also very convenient to public transit, including MUNI buses and metro, as well as BART trains, which run to/from the San Francisco International Airport and the Oakland International Airport.
For much more about our neighborhood, see Local Sights.